If your business involves filling foods, beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, or other commercial products into pouches or bottles, you will need filling machines. It is a machine that regularly fills thousands of containers to a certain level with a specific product. Some containers used are bottles, vials, bags, pouches, cans, ampoules, tubes, glass, jars, and so on.
While there are several filling machines, make sure to invest in a trusted filling machine factory with high-quality equipment that is most suitable to your company’s needs. The correct filling machine will make your production line work more smoothly and efficiently. Now we will go through the many types of filling machines;
Powder Filling Machine
This powder filling machine is also called a powder filler. They are made to fill powdered and granulated products, both free-flowing and non-free-flowing. The spiral feeding and light control technology allows for precise filling with no leaks. A powder filling machine is made up of the following parts:
- Hopper: The hopper holds the powder ingredient that will be fed into the packing. Level sensors are used in certain powder fillers to measure the quantity of powder.
- Filling Head: During the filling process, powder product from the hopper pours into the packages by the filling heads.
- Mechanical Drive System: The moving parts of a powder filler are driven by a machine’s mechanical drive mechanism, which can be linear or rotated. This system is made up of gears, conveyors, and mechanical motors.
- Sensors: Sensors make sure that the containers are in the right place and that they are filled correctly. If this device doesn’t detect a container, they inform the filling machine to either start filling again or stop.
- PLC Control System: The PLC control system on the powder filling machine is used to set up the filling process. On some units, you will be able to use a touch screen.
- Measuring Cup: Some powder fillers have a measuring cup, also called a “weigher,” to make sure that the right amount of powder is filled into each package.
What are the different applications of powder filling machines?
- Food and Beverages: These include carbonates, powdered sugar, fine flour, salt, milk powder, coffee powder, powdered sugar, and other food products that come in powder form.
- Chemicals: These include powdered detergents, pesticides, veterinary drugs, fertilizers, etc.
- Pharmaceuticals: Medicine in powder form, cannabis, and other products that relate to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Cosmetics: Commonly applies to baby powder.
- Veterinary: In animal medicine, this machine is beneficial as many animal medicines are powder.
- Agriculture: This machine fills fertilizers and other powdered or inorganic materials.
Solid Filling Machine
The main purpose of a solid filling machine is to fill containers with completed solid or non-flowing products. The product must be in the correct quantity to maintain its quality. It consists of:
- Hopper: The hopper contains the product materials. In modern solid filling machines, the hopper has a level sensor that can determine the quantity of product.
- Mechanical Motors: In the mechanical drive system, the mechanical motors control all moving parts, such as gears and conveyors. The mechanical drive system can make rotary or linear motions depending on how it is built.
- Measuring Cups: By measuring the contents, these measuring cups fill containers precisely.
- Nozzle: This consists of a filling head and a tube that connects to the hopper and directs contents into containers.
- Sensors: Sensors ensure that the container is in the right place, under the nozzle, and that no product goes to waste when the container is not at the nozzle.
- PLC Control System: The PLC control system is machine-based for controlling the filling process. After setting up the process, you don’t have to do any of the steps by hand.
What are the different applications of solid filling machines?
This solid filling machine fills non-flowing materials such as snack foods, hardware, electrical bits, or any non-flowing products into containers.
Liquid Filling Machine
A liquid filling machine dispenses liquid products in a range of sectors. It is important to note that liquid materials vary during the filling procedure. They may be foamy, thick, or even creamy in certain situations.
There are many different shapes and sizes of packaging. You can use tanks, buckets, bottles, tins, cans, vials, pouches, and even pots. These liquid filling machines is easy to set up and adjustable to ensure they work perfectly and accurately.
What are the different types of liquid filling machines?
Filling machines can also be put into groups based on what they are used for and their design. Let’s take a closer look at a few of these liquid filling machines:
- Gravity filling machines: They are primarily applicable in the industries of water, wine, oil, spirits, and vinegar.
- Vacuum filling machines: These machines often fill bottles with frothy materials.
- Overflow filling machine: This machine fills containers up to a certain level. Even if the size of each container is a little different, the unique nozzles on the filling machines ensure that each container gets to the same level. Overflow fillers work well with thin to medium materials, and they work especially well with foaming products.
- Hot filling machines: These fill jars with sauces, jams, and juice concentrates.
- Isobaric Filling Machines: Fill bottles with beer, soft drinks with carbonation, sparkling wine, cider, etc.
- Piston Filling Machines: These machines fill honey, jam, oil, pastes, sauces, and creams such as lotions and ointments. Pulling back on the piston lets a set amount of product from the supply system into the cylinder. The nozzle pushes out the product and into containers as the piston returns to the cylinder.
- Volumetric Filling Machines: These help in filling yogurt, milk, mayonnaise, salad creams, and oil. These machines fill the right amount of liquid into each container. Because the bottles may not all be the same size or shape, the liquids may look like they are at different levels.
- Acid-Resistant Filling Machines: These fill corrosive liquids and bleach into containers.
What are the different applications of liquid filling machines?
These liquid filling machines apply in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and chemical industries.
Jar/ Tin Can Filling Machine
A jar filling machine or can filling machine is basically a machine that automatically fills and caps cans or jars. This filling production line has features like stable operation, excellent sealing quality, a nice look, easy to use and maintain, user-friendly touch screen operations, and the ability to change the frequency conversion speed. This machine for filling cans and jars dispenses carbonated drinks, juice drinks, beer, energy drinks, and soda water.
What are the different applications of jar/tin can filling machines?
This can filling machine mainly fills sauce, coconut milk juice drinks, walnut milk, beer, energy drinks, hydrogen peroxide water, mineral water, and so on.
Bottle Filling Machine
The bottle filling machine is the most essential part of any bottling production. Because this is the only equipment that has direct contact with the finished product, it must meet the highest standards of cleanliness and product quality.
Bottle filling machines are devices that fill liquids or powders into bottles. These machines are crucial equipment in the packaging process of various sectors, including medicines, chemicals, agriculture, and food.
What are the different applications of bottle filling machines?
- Pharmaceutical Packaging: Packaging liquid pharmaceutical products is key to the business’s success. These liquid bottle filling machines work flawlessly, resulting in bottles that are both user-friendly and free of contaminants. Many local pharmaceutical companies use these machines to handle vial filling, tube filling, powder filling, and syringe filling to package their products in innovative ways.
- Food and Cosmetics Manufacturing: Liquid bottle filling machines can effectively dispense syrup, oil, and other liquid materials. Milk bottles and grape wine bottles are examples of how the food industry is revamping its packaging process.
Pouch Filling Machine
This pouch filling machine fills the pouches with the right amount of product. We must look at several factors to choose the best filling method to get the best results. The more we learn about the product, the more likely it is that the best technical solution, constant flow characteristics, and appropriate dose will be delivered.
What are the different applications of pouch filling machines?
This pouch filling machine is applicable in filling snacks, fruits, nuts, cereals, coffee beans, liquids, cosmetics, grain products, small hardware materials, etc.